Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Playing Possum

This morning, Annistyn went to Grandmama and Granddaddy's house while I taught swimming lessons. While I was gone, my mom, Annistyn, Tripp, and Tucker sat on the porch and watched Granddaddy mow the yard. Such an eventful morning. Annistyn loves spending time with the boys.

This afternoon, my parents swam with me and Annistyn. I think she is going to be a little fish. She loves being in the water!



While we were all in the water, my dad randomly yells out, "Oh Shoot!" Mom and I both look at him and ask him, "What?" He says that his cell phone is ringing. He says he knows it's ringing because it's on vibrate and it's in his pocket (ha ha)! Needless to say, he won't be talking on his phone tonight! Now whenever I have a "not so bright" moment, I won't feel so bad. Atleast I know where I get it! (I love you Dad!)

Swimming must have worn Annistyn out! When we got back home, I laid her down for her 3rd nap of the day. This nap usually only lasts about 30 - 45 minutes since it is so late in the day. At 6:15, I finally decided to wake her up (after being asleep for 2.5 hrs.). I walked in her room and said her name to wake her up, and this is the face she gave me.



I asked her if she was planning on sleeping all day, and she pulled her blanket up and closed her eyes like she was trying to "play possum" with me. If you look closely, you can see her smile hiding under her blanket!



She is one funny little girl, and I love her like crazy (even if she is rotten)!

By the way, she still went to bed around 7:15 even after taking such a long nap. I'll have to let you know tomorrow if it messes up her sleeping schedule. I really hope it doesn't. I really enjoy sleeping until 7:15 every morning!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...that smile just melts my heart. I don't care if she's rotten either. I just love that little girl. How did Josh get so lucky? Oh, and the Ronster is ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annistyn...you are the cutest ever (you must get that from me). Kayli said she loves you outfit in these pictures. Don't let anyone tell you you are rotten. They are lying!!

    We have always wondered where Lindsey got it from, I guess now we know! Totally sounds like what she would do. He must have been expecting a call from his favorite daughter and wanted to keep the phone close by!

    ReplyDelete