Thursday, June 10, 2010

6 Month Check-Up

This morning, Annistyn had her 6 month check-up. She is 16 lbs even and 25 inches long which is 25 - 50 percentile. She has had a place on her leg for about 9 weeks now. It is right on her sock line, and I believed it was from a pair of socks that were too tight for her. I showed it to Ty, and he said it was a birthmark. She also has a mole on the back of her neck that he looked at as well. He said most babies don't get moles or freckles until about 18 months old, but then again, look who Annistyn's mother is! She did fairly well with her 3 shots. She cried as soon as they stuck her, but stopped immediately when I picked her up. I seriously think it hurts me more to watch then it does her.

After the doctor's appointment, we went and picked up my mom's dog Belle for a couple hours. Annistyn loves Belle! She only got to play with her for a few minutes before she went down for a nap.

Late this afternoon, Annistyn's Nana and Pa came to play with her, while I went to teach swimming lessons and go to the grocery store, and Josh mowed a couple yards. Annistyn was already in the bed when I got home. I went in her bedroom a few minutes ago to check on her and cover her up, and she was still awake. She was just lying there smiling! I really wanted to take her picture, but did not want to wake her up more than she already was. I didn't take any pictures earlier today either. Hopefully we will have pictures back up tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. I would start checking her bottom/upper thigh for birthmarks! You never know what runs in the family...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess she will need me to come take her to her next appointment. She really did good when I took her and didn't even cry.

    Glad you got to play with Belle today. I know you really love Daisy the best, but she is a good substitute until we see you again.

    You will have to really work on your swimming so that you can be as good as Kayli. She did you good at her first swim meet today (she even won a third place ribbon in the relay). Hopefully your mommy will bring you down to cheer her on sometime soon!

    We love you and can't wait to see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete