Tuesday, June 15, 2010

No Paci or Lovie = No Nap

Tripp and Tucker came over this morning to play, while Katy had basketball practice. Then, Annistyn stayed with Katy and the boys, while I did my last day of swimming lessons with Caydra. Annistyn took a 2.5 hour this morning, and then she took another 2.5 hour nap after lunch. She must be growing!

After her 2nd nap, we went swimming for a little bit, and then played with the boys again. Annistyn needed to take another short little nap while Katy taught swimming lessons this afternoon, but her crazy mommy forgot her paci and lovie at home! What was I thinking? I hope to never do that again. She was so tired and threw the biggest fit. I found one of Tuck's extra pacis (after I washed it) and tried to give that one to her. She did not like that one as well as hers. I was going to give her one of the boys' lovies to use, but after touching them, I quickly changed my mind. They were all soaking wet from being in their mouths! Yuck! Needless to say, I just held her, rocked, and watched Praise Baby. After about an hour or so, she finally stopped crying and screaming. She had cried so hard, she could barely catch her breath. It was not fun. After I finally got her calmed down, she was fine. Of course she was giggling by the time her daddy got home from work!

Here she is playing in her exersaucer, while I tried to do a little cleaning.



She is getting so big, so fast! Josh and I talked tonight about how much she has grown. It's crazy how fast these last 6 months have gone by. Before we know it, she is going to be running around the house. It makes me sad just thinking about it. I have extremely mixed feelings about it. While I can't wait to watch her grow and start crawling, walking, and talking, I also feel like I want her to stay little as long as possible.

1 comment:

  1. Annistyn, I can't believe that your silly mommy would forget the most important thing of all...your lovie and paci. Good call on not using Tripp or Tucker's they are pretty yucky things! Kayli would never have napped without hers either, but she will teach you that to be a big girl you can't put it in your mouth and suck on it or the orthdontist will tell you you need to get braces like Alex's! We love you and can't wait to see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete