Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Explosion

This afternoon after I picked up Annistyn from Karen's, we had to go to the post office to buy some stamps. I got her out of her carseat and immediately felt something a little mushy. I looked down, and Annistyn was covered in poop. It was coming out the top of her dress, in her arm pits, on her stomach and back, and even on her toes. She had the biggest explosion EVER! I was now covered in poop as well. I looked at her carseat to see that it had poop on it too. I went to get a wipe, and there weren't any left in her diaper bag. Needless to say, we couldn't go in the post office like that. I just put Annistyn back in her carseat, I took off my shirt (Don't worry, I had a tank top under it!), and we headed to Grandmama's and Granddaddy's.

When we got there, I took Annistyn straight to the bath tub and pretty much hosed her off! My mom wiped out her carseat (which I washed in the washing machine when I got home). After everyone was cleaned up, I put on one of my dad's shirts and went back to the post office. I told Josh he better appreciate those stamps!

Annistyn was very tired when we got home, so I put her down for what I thought would be a short nap. She often takes about a 30-45 minute nap at this time. She went to sleep a few minutes before 5:00, and she is still asleep. It is now almost 8:00! I may regret putting her down later. She may wake up in the middle of the night and be ready to play.

This is the picture Karen sent me today while I was at work.



"What can brown do for you?" I am so blessed to have Tim and Karen in Annistyn's life. I am thankful to know that I leave her everyday with people that love her so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment