Monday, August 22, 2011

School Days

Today was a milestone at the Lowery house. Annistyn had her first day of school ever! Well, we call it school, but it's really a Mother's Day Out at church that is 2days a week. She will be going every Monday and Wednesday. Karen took her this morning since I had to be at work. She was nice enough to take a couple pictures for me.




Karen said Annistyn went right in and started playing like she has always gone there. She wouldn't be still long enought to get a good picture. Josh picked her up this afternoon and said she had a good day. She was worn out. She took an hour nap when she got home this afternoon and was in bed tonight by 6:30.

Annistyn has really been enjoying bathtime lately! She wants to take a bath all the time. She would play in there as long as I would let her.




Annistyn has also been enjoying playing outside these days! She especially likes to play with the riding toys at Mama Karen's. Most mornings when we are on our way to meet Karen, Annistyn starts asking, "Ride? Ride?".



Last weekend, mom, Katy, and I enjoyed some time while Annistyn was taking a nap. We were at my parent's, so Annistyn was napping upstairs in the baby bed. While we were by the pool, we heard what sounded like a knocking on the back door. I assumed it was the wind catching and blowing the storm door. When the sound continued, I finally decided to see what it was. To my surprise, this is what I found:



This little girl had not only gotten out of the baby bed by herself, but she also came down the steps, got in the pantry, and pulled out a bag of gummies. She was standing there waiting for someone to open her gummies so she could have a snack. I couldn't figure out how she had gotten out of the baby bed. I don't think she can crawl out of the bed, because she still struggles climbing onto the couch or a chair. After going upstairs to investigate further, I discovered she had unscrewed one side of the baby bed, and just pushed the side open like it was a door. We are hoping that was a one time occurence!




















No comments:

Post a Comment